We elementary school teachers have a lot of funny conversations....

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Double Trouble

The wall between our hallway and our office is glass, so when you walk by you can always see who is seated in the chairs waiting to talk to the principal.  When we send our trouble-makers to the office, they have to take a referral form explaining why they are being sent there.

One day I was walking down the hallway and I saw Trevor, a second grader who was no stranger to the principal's office, seated in one of the chairs with his back to the glass wall.  I had almost passed him when I noticed that he had twisted his arm backward and was holding his referral form against the glass.  When I looked closer, I saw what he was trying to share with the people passing by.  On the back of the referral in big letters he had written "F U * K".

I went into the office trying not to laugh, snatched his referral form, put an asterisk under what his teacher wrote and added, "See reverse".  Still trying not to smile, I could only give him my best angry face to which he replied, "So, I'm already in trouble!"

No comments:

Post a Comment