We elementary school teachers have a lot of funny conversations....

Friday, August 12, 2011

Self-Esteem

My students are assigned a seat at a specific table.  One day I had a fourth grade class working on a project and at the start of class, there were six students sitting at the red table.  As I was walking around the room, I noticed that the kids were one-by-one scooting their chairs over to sit at a different table.  I asked the latest kid to move why everyone was vacating the red table, and she responded, "It's because of Jalen!  He won't stop singing and no one can concentrate."

By the time I made it to the red table, everyone had moved away except for Jalen.  I said, "Jalen, do you know why all of the other people at this table moved?"
"Yes," he replied, "it's because they asked me to stop singing but I kept on doing it."
"Well, do you want to sit by yourself?" I asked.
"No," he answered.
"Well, then why did you keep singing after everyone asked you to stop?" I wondered.

"Because!  I have the most beautiful voice!"

No comments:

Post a Comment