We elementary school teachers have a lot of funny conversations....

Friday, August 12, 2011

Security Check

One year we had a really rough fifth grader who was often in trouble and had a history of stealing.  One day while I was on morning duty and greeting the kids as they came to school, he arrived with a locked briefcase.  Keep in mind, this child never did homework so he didn't even carry a backpack.  I was obviously suspicious.

"Justin, what's in the briefcase?"  I asked him.
"It's private," he answered.
I immediately worried that I was dealing with something serious here.  "Well, I'm gonna need to see inside it," I told him.  I thought he would be upset at this, but he seemed to be okay with revealing its contents to me.
"Fine.  But I have to unlock it."

I waited as he entered the combination.  I was sure there was a knife or a toy gun, or some other banned object inside.

He opened the lid and turned the briefcase toward me.  Inside was a bottle of Axe body spray and a bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos.  I tried my very hardest not to laugh but I just couldn't contain myself.  I managed to tell him to have a nice day and he locked his briefcase back up and was on his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment